Monday, September 7, 2015

Original Pizza, Redington Shores, FL

Original Pizza in Indian Shores is a new-ish and very clean family-friendly dining spot. Super-casual and uber affordable, the venue is popular and can get a little noisy when filled with happy patrons...so be prepared if you arrive during peak times. Still, the food price and quality serves to mitigate that fact, even for us introverts who prefer a quieter vibe.  There's a short wine list and beer selection, plus we always receive pleasing service from the youthful, friendly and clean-cut staff (I'm pretty sure referring to a "clean-cut youth" makes me officially old). On a recent visit, an addictive complimentary basket of homemade garlic knots with marinara for dipping was presented to tide us over during the short wait for our menu selections. 










My linguine in white wine sauce with fresh baby clams (about two dozen of them) shocked me by being one of the best versions I've ever eaten and the portion was so generous that I could only finish half. It was served with a simple salad. For less than $12, this may be the bargain of the century.










The spousal unit attempted to wrassle a behemoth meatball sandwich, but admitted defeat halfway through. Meatballs were huge, bread (baked on the premises) was hot and crispy on the outside/tender on the inside, house made marinara was tangy and fresh-tasting and the entire thing was blanketed in oozy, melted mozzarella.










We shared a ricotta-filled cannoli for dessert. All of this plus two pints of Shock Top for him and a pint of Bud Light plus a glass of Pinot Grigio for moi set us back a whopping $31.50 before gratuity.

The pizza is some of the best to be found on the Pinellas Beaches for my money and a generous hand is used when applying the toppings.  Highly recommended for excellent cheap, casual beach fare.

www.originalpizzaindianshores.com

Original Pizza & Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

My blog entries contain the unmitigated, and sometimes unforgiving, dining truths and perceptions I experience as an ordinary restaurant patron. Every meal I post about has been fully paid for by one of the participating members of my personal dining party. I do not engage in the gratis blogger freebie dining events I'm constantly invited to attend and never will. If I ooze font-like love for a restaurant in my blog, it's because they totally earned it…not because they gave me free food or knew I was going to share the experience on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment